Care proceedings and children issues with a Local Authority

We understand that this is an extremely stressful time for families. Our team has a wealth of experience in this area of law and will be able to assist you with negotiations with any Local Authority concerning children, including representation at meetings and at Court.

If you are a parent, or have parental responsibility for a child, and you have received a letter from a Local Authority indicating that they are considering taking care proceedings (sometimes called a ‘section 31 letter’), we can obtain Legal Aid for you and represent you free of charge, regardless of your income. Please contact us to make an appointment and bring the letter with you to your appointment.

If you have not received a letter, or are not a parent, but would still like advice about any aspect of proceedings involving children, please do not hesitate to contact us, as we may still be able to provide free advice under the Legal Aid scheme if you are on a low-income. Please click on the Legal Aid link to see what information we would need you to bring to your appointment if this applies to you. If you are not eligible for Legal Aid, our advisors will be able to discuss and agree any potential charges during our free 20 minute first interview.

We have in-depth experience in cases concerning special guardianship orders, adoption, voluntary agreements and resolving contact problems for children in care.

Injunction/care proceedings legal aid link pages


‘We are here to help you’

Solicitors Regulation Authority, ID 67404

Established in Derbyshire for over 30 years